Archive for the ‘Links’ Category
I’ve been involved with the online business networking group, Mom Masterminds for some time. One of the things that they do is teach others successful business practices in using blogging as a tool to increase website traffic. In some cases, this is done using interns on already established websites. How does this relate to Celiac and eating gluten free? I’m glad you asked!
One of the websites that is involved in this process is Family Foodies and the intern on this project, Brenda Wilkey, will be blogging about gluten-free living for the next several weeks! She’s already posted some great items that you should check out! Here are a few recent links:
- The Gluten Free Spice of Life
- Gluten Free Shopping: Get to know your Grocer
- Fantastically Delicious Food Link Love
- Autism and Food: Lack of Food Variety, Risks for Poor Nutrition
- Shopping Gluten Free for the First Time
- Gluten Free Apple Recipe Link Love
- Getting Started with a Gluten Free Kitchen
- Autistic Kids and Food: No Link Between Autism and Food, Come on!
- Autistic Kids and Food: A Link to Food Intolerance
- Autistic Kids and Food: Does Food Affect Kids, Really?
Great job, Brenda! Keep up the fantastic work!
If you look in the left-hand sidebar, you will notice a new feature! There is a custom Google searchbox that will guide you right to gluten-free versions of your search terms. Try it! Type in Cookies and see for yourself! Very cool!
The Switch to Gluten Free blog is offering GF Awareness Wristbands for only $2.50 each. Spreading the word is a great way to raise awareness and help get new products on the market and in the marketplace. While wearing one, people may ask you about it and you’ll be able to tell your story.
Purchase details available on Switch to Gluten Free.
I have been using allrecipes.com for a while now to find gluten-free recipes. They have an amazing amount of recipes that are inherently GF or can be adapted to be GF. If you search for “gluten free“, you will easily find over 300 recipes! They even have a Gluten Free Section with a Daily Recipe!
It’s free to sign up. Once you sign up, you can save recipes in your very own online recipe book for future reference.
Here’s one of the GF recipes that looked pretty good to me:
Delicious Gluten-Free Pancakes SUBMITTED BY: Joe Oliver
“Makes fluffy pancakes with a consistency and taste comparable to those made with wheat flour. Serve with your choice of condiments.”
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 35 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 10 pancakes
1 cup rice flour
3 tablespoons tapioca flour
1/3 cup potato starch
4 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder
1 packet sugar substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 cups water
- In a bowl, mix or sift together the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, dry buttermilk powder, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Stir in eggs, water, and oil until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve immediately with condiments of your choice.
I’ll also add the Daily GF Recipe RSS Feed to our website (on the Resource page), so it will be easy for everyone to find.